Nat's blog

Thursday, April 06, 2006

description

Short of quoting everything in this poem, I encourage you to read each line and imagine the scene described. For me, it is always a little different. Atlas is incredibly creative in her description. For those of you who aren't aware: Passager is a literary magazine that is dedicated to publishing writing by those over 50. The lit mag is based on the UB campus. Kendra Kopelke and Mary Azrael started Passager. I interned with them during my last semester as an undergrad. I'm proud to own two copies of the 15 year anniversary issue #40, and I'm even listed as an "editorial assistant." These ladies, along with Christina Gay and Jessica Schultheis, inspired me. They all worked so hard to put out this humble mag, and it's grown to be a very welcome success in the poet community. In fact, Passager Books was started the same year as the 15th anniversary. What a way to celebrate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home