Nat's blog

Saturday, April 22, 2006

My girlfriend is back!!

Thursday during the Block Party, my friend called me. She's been in boot camp for the past three plus months. I wasn't expecting to hear from her (especially by phone) for another couple weeks or so. No, she did not go AWOL, and was not discharged or whatever. She has injuries. One to her knee, and the other to her pelvic bone. So she's staying with me!! I've reorganized my one-bedroom apartment to accomodate an air mattress, and went grocery shopping. The best part is, I have someone to talk to that understands me. I didn't realize how desolately alone I've become. Not that I've all of a sudden clung to her. It's just an awareness that I've attained. I have been spending so much time on the outskirts of society, I became unaware of my status as an observer, not a partaker. I've been through this phase before, but never so severely and acutely. It's time for me to step in, to partake, to get this semester over with so I can have a life again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home