Nat's blog

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Classify people, places AND things

Well, I wanted to upload an image so you all could see the skethching that's done throughout this website, but it didn't work. They have their images archived... Oh, well. www.vintagedance.com is a website that explains what to expect if you're going to a vintage dance (mid 19th thru mid-20th centuries). It also offers workshops through All Vintage Dance on different kinds of dance, according to the era that you're interested in. You can learn popular culture, etiquette and music. All Vintage Dance is located in Michigan, but I thought it would be cool if there were a place like that locally. I think it's important that Americans remember our heritage, since we haven't much of it. And we seem to be forgetting it decade by decade.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger MRB said…

    We are forgetting our heritage but in some ways we have so many to keep track of. What is intrinsicaly American- baseball, jazz, hot dogs, July 4th? We celebrate traditions from mother lands, from customs that we are so far removed from--St. Patrick's day at my house is holier than Christmas, but I've never been to Ireland. It's a good question how do we hold on to our past and respectfully look to the future?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home