Nat's blog

Saturday, April 29, 2006

13th floor-great night, good times

Hey, I actually went out on the town!!!! It's been months since I've kicked up my heels, spun a rug, whatever you kids say these days... Mariela, Megan, a girl from the Career Center, and I all met at the 13th floor last night. I think I can speak for all of us when I say that it was a great time. Friday night is Raggae night at the 13th. We listened to jammin music while we got our drink on. A guy called to me across the bar that he liked my red pants (they seemed to be a big hit throughout the night). Then we all went to the dance floor. M & M squeezed in, but I laid low for a while. I was still trying to spot a guy I saw earlier, that I named "blue shirt." I couldn't find him, so I stepped up to the dance floor to join my friends. Moments later, "guy who liked my pants" started bumpin with me. Fantastic! We danced together for a couple songs (if you could call primal expression dancing). We were doing that "packed-in-too-tight-but-still-trying-to-move-in-a-sexy-way-here-I'll turn-around-so-my-ass-is-towards-you" kind of thing. From around my waist came his arm (nicely shaped, by the way), and up my torso, his hand flipped a business card in front of my face. It was very smooth. All in one motion, i grabbed it, and continued to relish in feeling attractive (something that I'd forgotten, somehow). Well, the guy had to leave. It was a Cinderella moment, where I was the prince. His card is my shoe. He informed me that the # on it is wrong, but that I should email him. I also saw a couple of girls that I used to work with in the Harbor. I figured I would see one of them, since we used to frequent the 13th back in the day. It was nostalgic seeing them again. When we left, there were many suitors for M & M to choose from, pawing at them and throwing them around, laughing, and trying to get the last-minute pick-ups in. Mariela hailed me a cab, and I went home, still clutching the business card.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home