Nat's blog

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Here are the tulip pictures that everyone saw on Sunday. I shot these with a Canon Rebel XS SLR camera (yes, I still use filim). The lenses I used were a Promaster 22-55 (excellent wide-angle) and a Promaster 70-200 (really great depth of field). You can see that most of the flowers are not solid-colored, or they have a unique quality to them (like the twin pink ones). I spent about two hours combing the over 20 beds of flowers looking for imperfections, flaws, uniquenesses. I found them more attractive than the perfect hybrids that were demonstrated at this "Tulip Library." Although this is true, I can't help be proud of the shots of the white ones. The petals are so delicate and translucent. I love the way the light captures the overlapping of each petal. Overall, I think it was a successful photo shoot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home