Nat's blog

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Nearing the End

So much to say, as I near the end of so many things. But what to say, and where to start? It's kind of like the "pictures worth 1000 words," but it's more like "thoughts that can't be put to words." I near the end of my most challenging academic semester. In the 10 years that I've been in higher-learning, I've never felt so pushed, prodded, stretched, kicked, humbled, defeated, challenged, and grateful. Yes, grateful that it's over... almost. But also grateful that I was reluctantly spun around to peek through the looking glass. I am now acutely aware of my true strengths. And also my weaknesses. I must say that I thought I could excell at everything. I now know that some things are just not my forte. Well, boo hoo for that. I laugh at myself for thinking I could be everything and do everything and still keep my sanity. Through this looking glass, I also see the past. I recall visions of what I was when I didn't have too much to handle. I laughed. I liked me. I was healthy. I had free time. I didn't have bags under my eyes. Not that I haven't accomplished much. I have. And I'm proud. I think it's time for me to let go, though. To something. It breaks my heart to make this decision, to let free something I dearly love. Something that has defined me for the last year, being a student leader. But, perhaps it's my turn to follow. Perhaps the definition of me is changing. Perhaps I can offer more in some other way or ways. Perhaps this is the end to something that reflects the beginning. In my looking glass, I'm still searching. For the future me. The me to be...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home